Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 is National Dog Day!
National Dog Day is celebrated August 26th annually and was founded in 2004 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert and Animal Advocate, Colleen Paige (also the founder of National Puppy Day, National Mutt Day and National Cat Day …to name a few).
The National Dog Day Website provides a list of 20 different ways you can celebrate National Dog Day; some of which include:
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
- Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills and Gas Chambers in your state.
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
- Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
- Teach your dog a new trick.
For more ideas on how to celebrate National Dog Day, visit the National Dog Day Website!
Pam’s VAS would love to hear how you will celebrate National Dog Day! Share your ideas with us using #PamsvasNDD